Monday, March 14, 2011

Twisted Necklaces

SO MANY NECKLACES!!!!

After showing my own Fabric Flower Necklace I had a hand full of friends ask for me to make them their own.  So once I took in their fabric orders I got busy twisting!

The group of girls (minus another black and white one I have yet to make).

If I named my necklaces I would have to call this one Sweet Tart.  I just think it screams sweet with the little twist of Polka dots on the blue!

I was skeptical about my friends color selection for this necklace but the blue and orange with a hint of yellow turned out great.  Never question the customer right?

This is a redo of my first Fabric Flower Necklace.

This one I'll be making a few more of!  One for myself and one for another friend.  Seriously I like how it could go with a class black dress to spice it up.  I see this one as probably the most anthro-ish.

***
I have loved making these!  Oh and let me tell you... spend the few extra dollars on a dual heat glue gun!!!  Your fingers will SERIOUSLY thank you.  Honestly the colder heat still melted the glue it stuck just as well but when it got on my fingers it didn't burn my fingerprints off!

So what do you guys think?  Which is your favorite color combo or what would you do?

29 comments:

1. These look really great, you've done a brilliant job.

2. so cute..color combination are awesome..keep it up dear

ReplyDelete
  3. I love these necklaces! I am going to show them off on Friday at my blog! Check it out at
    www.alove2create.blogspot.com

ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! Trina Thank you SO much! I can't wait to see it and I'll share it on fb!

ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for linking up !

ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! I've had a mental image of pretty much this exact thing in my craft to-do list, so I'm glad to see that they come out so adorable! I love the blue and green (or is it blue and yellow? I can't really tell) necklace--those colors are beautiful. I'm your newest follower!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! I love the black and white one...but the colored ones are fun too!

ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Mine is the sweet tart colors. Super creative, I want to try!

ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! I need to make some....or at least the twisted flowers for hair clips or something. :)

10. Amanda @ Serenity NowMarch 16, 2011 6:56 PM

Oh, those are all so pretty!! You friends are very lucky. ;)

11. Jessica @ Sunny TuesdayMarch 17, 2011 10:19 AM

I love the blue & pink and I think "Sweet Tart" is the perfect name for it! And I totally agree on the low temp glue gun. I have two - one low and one high and I almost always use the low temp.

ReplyDelete
  12. new follower, loving these, need to try it!

ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to make a purple and yellow combo! Yours are adorable:) Love your blog and I am new follower!!

ReplyDelete
  14. very very cute! I have many hot glue burns from those rosettes :)

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

15. Brandy and FamMarch 18, 2011 7:11 AM

I'm new to your blog and your most recent follower. These necklaces are fabulous! I love the colors, but you can't go wrong with class black and white.

16. Amber BranconierMarch 18, 2011 7:12 AM

These turned out great! So cute!!

abranconier.blogspot.com

17. MarilynMarch 18, 2011 7:42 AM

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS - how creative and cute.. :)) found you on follow friday blog hop - Loving your blog & officially following you.. Hope you can stop by and visit sometime.. ;)) I'm Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com

18. NatalieMarch 18, 2011 10:43 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE these!!! I'm your newest follower! I am seriously obsessed with these rolled fabric rosettes right now! I just made a picture frame out of them and put some on a pillow! They turned out super cute! If you want to check them out, I'm over at

NatSprat.blogspot.com :)

Have a great day! Keep up the awesome posts!

19. YvetteMarch 18, 2011 11:49 AM

All of these necklaces are so pretty! I like your idea of using felt to glue the flowers down because I hate when they flap around or twist. Thanks for sharing and I'll be following your blog.
    -napualaniscloset.blogspot.com

20. melMarch 18, 2011 7:41 PM

super cute! i love the blue and pink color combo. i'm a new follower!!

melanie
    layercakedesigns.blogspot.com

21. Freckles and FunMarch 18, 2011 8:43 PM

I'm so glad you shared these! They're truly beautiful & I love all the color combos that you created! (I found you through Fantabulous Friday) - Julie

22. mybelleepoqueMarch 18, 2011 9:39 PM

I LOVE the black and white one... so adorable! Found you at Freckled Laundry ;)

23. JillMarch 21, 2011 4:36 PM

Oh these necklaces are just gorgeous! I'm not surprised you had so many orders from friends!

I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

24. Vivienne @ the V SpotMarch 21, 2011 11:17 PM

I love these! They are adorable and Good For You that you're selling them too! Love!

25. Dominique @ Craft CoutureMarch 22, 2011 1:02 PM

loving these, the color combos are great too.
    would love it if you linked up to my party, craft couture Mondays,

26. JillMarch 23, 2011 12:41 AM

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success

27. freckled laundryMarch 23, 2011 8:10 PM

These are very pretty. Love the twisted look. Thanks for linking with air your laundry Friday!

xoxo,
    Jami
    www.freckledlaundry.com

28. JenMarch 26, 2011 1:32 PM

So beautiful! Love this idea! I'm your newest follower:)

29. BecolorfulMarch 27, 2011 12:34 PM

Wow Wow Wow. Love your color combos and the one is not enough thinking. :) Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    Pam